24 Hours A Day, 7 Days A Week, 365 Days A Year WHEREVER YOU ARE!
Foster First Solutions chooses the best quality, highest efficacy solutions. Sandia National Laboratories developed the most advanced full-spectrum solution for chemical and biological decontamination many, many years ago. This formulation is currently being used by the US Military, FEMA, and Federal agencies for neutralizing biological and chemical hazards from terrorist threats and neutralizing contamination after natural disasters like Super Storm Sandy and Hurricane Katrina.
Used globally for water and smoke damage restoration, sewer backup and river flooding mitigation, mold removal and stain removal, allergen removal, carpet cleaning and deodorizing, vehicle disinfection, as a deodorizer for HVAC systems ductwork, on pet urine, feces, and other organic stains and odors.
The Sandia formula is in a class by itself, never has there been a product that can denature and eliminate mold and fungal spores without encapsulating. The decontamination formulation is so advanced, they have patented the formula. Which is now available to professionals and consumers alike in a variety of sizes around the globe. Foster First Solutions is proud to distribute these products in select markets in the US and Canada.
When compromise isn’t an option, rely on Foster First Solutions’ products and equipment!
Health Effects That May Be Caused by Inhaling Mould or Mould Spores
Inhalation exposure to mold indoors can cause health effects in some people.
Allergens (substances that can cause allergic reactions)
Potentially toxic substances or chemicals (mycotoxins)
Inhaling or touching mould or mold spores may cause allergic reactions in sensitive individuals. Mould does not have to be alive to cause an allergic reaction. Dead or alive, mould can cause allergic reactions in some people.
Allergic reactions to mould are common and can be immediate or delayed. Exposure to mould, mould spores, or mould fragments may cause non-sensitive individuals to become sensitive to mould, and repeated exposure has the potential to increase sensitivity. Allergic responses include hay fever-like symptoms such as:
Skin rash (dermatitis)
Moulds can cause asthma attacks in people with asthma who are allergic to mould. In addition, whether or not individuals are allergic to mould, moulds can irritate:
Other Health Effects
Breathing in the mould may also cause hypersensitivity pneumonitis, an uncommon disease that resembles bacterial pneumonia. In addition, mould exposure may result in opportunistic infections in persons whose immune systems are weakened or suppressed.
When mould grows indoors, the occupants of a building may begin to report odors and a variety of symptoms including:
Aggravated asthma symptoms
These and other symptoms may be associated with exposure to mould. But all of these symptoms may be caused by other exposures or conditions unrelated to mould growth. Therefore, it is important not to assume that, whenever any of these symptoms occurs, mould is the cause.
For more detailed information on mold and its health effects, consult:
Although mould is frequently found in damp buildings, it is not the only potential contaminant — biological contaminants other than mould, and non-biological contaminants are often present and may also cause health effects. Damp buildings may attract rodents and other pests. Damp or wet building components and furnishings may release chemicals indoors.
Potential contaminants in damp or wet buildings include:
Cockroaches and other pests
Chemicals emitted by damp building materials and furnishings
As moulds grow, some (but not all) of them may produce potentially toxic byproducts called mycotoxins under some conditions. Some of these moulds are commonly found in moisture-damaged buildings. More than 200 mycotoxins from common moulds have been identified, and many more remain to be identified. The amounts and types of mycotoxins produced by a particular mold depend on many environmental and genetic factors. No one can tell whether a mould is producing mycotoxins just by looking at it.
Some mycotoxins are known to affect people, but for many mycotoxins little health information is available. Research on mycotoxins is ongoing. Exposure to mycotoxins can occur from inhalation, ingestion, and skin contact. It is prudent to avoid unnecessary inhalation exposure to mold.
For more information on mycotoxins, see the 2004 Institute of Medicine Report, Damp Indoor Spaces, and Health, published by The National Academies Press in Washington, DC.